THE NILES HALL TIME CAPSULE

In 1926, Claude Niles, a Chicago businessman, contributed bonds that were valued at $50,000 to be used for the construction of Niles Hall on the campus of Illinois Military School (IMS)--the predecessor of Roosevelt Military Academy--in Aledo, IL.

The ground breaking for this new dormitory took place on April 18, 1930.  When the cornerstone was laid, a time capsule was enclosed in the cornerstone.  In 2018, when Niles Hall was demolished due to its deteriorating condition, the time capsule was opened. 

Here is what was discovered in the capsule: